Monday, August 23, 2010

I really want advice from men out there- ';love'; vs. ';in love';?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months. We talk to each other on the phone about 2-3 hours every day. We live an hour away from each other but get together 2-3 times per week. We are in an exclusive relationship.





He told me that he loved me a few weeks ago but last night he said there is a fine line between love and in love. He said he loves me and cares/worries about me. Said that he enjoys spending time with me, misses me when we aren't together and wants to get to know me better, but that 6 months is too soon to know if you are ';in love';. He said being in love is a gradual thing that doesn't happen overnight and you can't rush it.





So he said that when he says he loves me, he means it but not in an :in love: way yet. That sort of hurt my feelings and I'm wondering if that is a bad sign about our relationship or if he's just being realistic? Does it mean he'll NEVER be in love with me? I've met his family and he introduced me to his 2 teenage kids last week. He talks about the future with me in it.





What is your take on this? Should I be concerned? BTW: He's 45 years old.I really want advice from men out there- ';love'; vs. ';in love';?
Not really, it's just what guys my age, say. Being forty five and dating, we tend to be a little reticent, in saying those dreaded three little words, ';I Love you';, meaning we are in love with you.


But as he's introduced you to his family, it means your relationship, isn't a casual one to him. He's also talking about the future, another good sign.


As it seems he's divorced, he's most likely shy at saying he's in love, having most likely said that to his former wife, and it didn't work out there for them.


So now he's taking it slow and cautiously, so just accept what he says, and understand that he could be right and his falling in love with you will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment