Monday, August 23, 2010

Ladies, or men, I need advice on my period?

Sorry its a little much, but this is pretty serious to me; worrisome.





Yeah so this isn't my first time having a period and all and I'm still irregular after like three years, so my gynecologist put me on some pills to help regulate it. But all of a sudden everything is out of wack I've been on my period since the last week of January and it's almost March it just keeps going its so irritating because its supposed to last like 8 days right, enh no more like 30. And its not getting lighter its getting heavier which is worrying me. I'm going to the doctor in two weeks because thats the closet date they had open and my mom told me to stay patient and wait it out but I want to know if there is anything else I can do. Plus it's really hard during the school day because we only have so long to go to the bathroom and we're not allowed to go during class which is gay but I flood within a few hours and if I cant go to the restroom I bleed through which is embarrassing.


I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to slow it down or do I really just have to wait? And should I send an email to my guidance counselor so she can help or tell my teachers or something?


Any advice is well appreciated.Ladies, or men, I need advice on my period?
If you can't get an appt with your doc, maybe go to a walk in clinic or the hospital. Your period shouldn't last any longer than 10 days tops. And the pill should make your period predictable and lighter - way lighter! For example, mine last 3-4 days and is extremely light. This amount of continuos bleeding could cause anemia, beyond being uncomfortable and tiring. For the time being a tampon and pad will help, but you really should get checked out and your Mom should understand that. If need be, go to the hospital yourself - then they can call your parents down. Maybe that's what they need to understand that this is serious.Ladies, or men, I need advice on my period?
Talk to your guidance counselor asap.


She/He will talk to your teachers right away and then you won't have to worry so much.


You could try wearing a tampon and a pad as the same time is you wear pads to make sure if you leak that you are still covered. One of my friends wore multiple pads at the same time though I'm not sure if that helped.
Try wearing tampons and a pad. Wear thick clothes or multiple layers. Ex: Leggings under jeans. Wear as much as you can so you don't leak. I don't know many ways to stop the bleeding. Maybe try alot of water. That helps bloating that's all i know. Try that.
i would get myself off to hospital no period last that long. you must be going thru hell. i don't want to be alarmist but it does not seem right i would tell your teacher must be uncomfortable sitting in class and you need the bathroom.
Take birth control. Really. No joke. It helps keep the cycle (period. some people don't know what I'm talking about) before it comes and I think it helps with the cramps. idk 4 sure. ask your mom about it. Good luck!
That sux, yeah def tell your guidance counselor, so she'l tel your teachers to let you go to the toilet.
wear tampons and a pad. that will help the bleeding through, but you just have to wait untill you see your obgyn

No comments:

Post a Comment