Saturday, July 31, 2010

';Just be yourself'; The worst advice ever???? Men & Women?

People, friends and family are always saying this. If someone is overweight they say, ';you look alright, you should be loved like you are';. If someone has boring sex life, '; he/she should love you as you are';. If some average girl asks a question on Y/A about how she looks, ';you are pretty, don't change for anyone';


Really? Really? Don't you want friends and critics telling you what is wrong with your body and thoughts? If not, how can people improve?


I think its a big disservice to these people if they have no criticism, they stay the same and suffer thinking someone is made for them. For example Obesity is ';ok'; now, and its ';not your fault';. Don't we know how unhealthy it is?


What do you think?';Just be yourself'; The worst advice ever???? Men %26amp; Women?
It is the best advice ever, but it is also the most misunderstood advice ever.





Anyone who has been in circles in life would understand that it is still a golden piece of wisdom.';Just be yourself'; The worst advice ever???? Men %26amp; Women?
regardless of what anyone says.. you should be loved unconditionally despite your weight/size/looks/race.. if you are over weight, I'm sure those people realize that they have a problem. I find it hard to believe that someone obese thinks that is ok because it's not. Being over weight doesn't only affect you physically if affects a person mentally and socially. There are a million ways to lose weight some people just need the extra push in the right direction. Being around negative people isn't going to help you lose weight.. I'm an honest person and I tell it like it is. America is OVERWEIGHT
I think you are confusing what most people mean.....be yourself usually goes with........someone wants me to change myself and I think I am ok.......I am over weight and ok with myself....yes I know it is unhealthy...however I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and exercise(some).....so I think that with all the bad habits I don't have I am ok with the one I do have.....so to be truly happy I need to find someone who is also ok with me.....by the way I have found him.....and what is wrong with average? Some men are strong enough to see past that and find beauty....
Some people, like you for instance, think there's a virtue in being honest. Most of the rest of us have learned that there's a time and a place for honesty. Just telling someone they only have average looks, for instance, could hurt a person for life.





If YOU want people to be honest with you, then tell them. But don't assume everyone feels the same way.
Over weight people


do not need to lose weight


for other people. People who have


'boring sex lives' don't need to change that


so everybody else will be happy. And people


don't need to change their appearance just because


one person thinks that they're unattractive.


Don't be so close minded, if everybody thought like you do,


we would all be either dead or lonely.
It is simply people being polite! Do you really wanna be told how ugly you are (not saying you are).. But say your in a relationship and the sex has turned bad or not at all.. you dont cristise, you talk about it, as a couple! You should be loved for the person you are.. not for the way you look...
Well that's what I go by. I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. If you are just trying to score some chics then yes it is. But I don't do that. Being yourself has worked for me wonderfully. Except when I was a kid. No. Haha.
You're absolutely right. Some people on YA sugar coat their answers and give gerneralized advise.
of course we know that it is unhealthy but people shouldn't judge you for that. You shouldn't care what people look like on the outside anyways
Your wrong. No i don't want any critics or friends telling me what is wrong with me, because in the first place, there is NOTHING wrong me. I'm not gonna change myself to fit beauty standards of othe pple. All that matters is that pple love themselves as they are, %26amp; then it won't really matter what other pple say. Now, obesity is obviously a health issue, i don't think anyone ever tells anyone that its ok to be obese, but if you are a size 6, be a size 6, being a size 0 doesn't make you a ';better'; person. People can improve themselves by changing their mindsets about themselves without having 2 be told what they should be by critics or whoever. Thats the whole fuckin problem in this world, self hatred is probably what even causes most deaths in this world, and no one would no it. Pple need 2 start accepting themselves 4 who they r, not everyone can look or be like everyone. So YES, that is the best damn advice anyone can ever give!
I kinda agree with you there.





Being yourself works if you have a really good self. If your self isn't so good the results aren't gonna be good either.





The advice should be to people who want to improve; always find ways to improve yourself, but don't put up a false front and be true to yourself. Keep on working at it an your situation will change to a better one.





Although too much critissism can affect a person negatively and they would become worse off than they are.
  • social networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment