Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I fear being hurt and disappointed by men...need good advice?

Every time I meet a man they tend to just disappoint or even hurt me. I fear my past so bad that if I meet someone I will assume it will happen again. Like when I called my new friend, and he didnt answer and set to ignore I got nervous again. This happened before, and the man was playing games. H0wever he did call back 15 mins later and said he was leaving w0rK.The point is I get so fearful if I don't even hear from him ,though I know you don't need to chat everyday. it's my past fears; I need to get some advice on how to recover? Thnx


I fear being hurt and disappointed by men...need good advice?
Clearly since many guys have let you done before you need to find someone who won't do that. A old friend will work. Also talking about it with your fellow friends will help ease the pain. Since this revolves around a trust issue you need to find a guy who you can place your trust in without any doubt at all. If you do that you can maybe also find someone who you can date become good friends with (etc.).I fear being hurt and disappointed by men...need good advice?
First off you can not let your past relationships determine the new ones. So what if he doesnt call then it was not ment to be you will find the right guy one day. You can not live in fear of being hurt because eventually one day you will be hurt again. Just always remeber things happen for a reason and everything you go through just makes you stronger
sounds like you have trust issues. trust is one of the most important parts of a healthy relationship. when you feel one of your fears coming to life, after its all said and done, tell yourself out loud that its ok, and you were overreacting. once you tell yourself that so many times, you will start to believe yourself. you have to trust people, you have to be let down, but you also have to recover and put yourself right back out there. good luck
I would go talk to a counselor. I understand how you feel it's hard to trust someone is going to treat you right when all you've gotten in the past is bad. A good counselor should be able to help you learn to see a red flag and what to expect in how another person treats you. I hope that helps a bit.
You need to step out of thinking of people and places. Take a biiiig step back and look at the big picture. Dose this person satisfy you in the long run? Are with with him for a good time? Dose he help you achieve you goals as a person?





The number one idea in any self help book is this: Change your self first. Get a hobby do something that isn't pinning over one person. We only got so many years on this planet you might as well spend them trying to be happy then chasing someone who is toying with you.





I hope this helped.
Forget about the past because it's time you move on. You just need to think to yourself everytime you get disappointed, ';Pshh, I can do better than him!!'; I got dumped by my boyfriend I've ben with for almost a year, but I'm over it now. And because I moved on, now I have a better boyfriend. (:
i was like that for about 2 yrs after my 4th gf dumped me (they all dumped me)


i got over it


well i dunno wht to say


try not to get too attached.


i got really attached and dependent on hearing one of my exes voice and talking to herand saying i love you a lot.


she ended up dumping me on 1 yr anniversary.


so my advice try not getting to dependent on him



Don't let ur past encounters interfere with your present or future joys of life. i know the past is hard to forget or even shouldn't be forgotten but u should use it, learn from it to make u stronger. enjoy life and all it has to offer. try to seek help so that someone can be there for u to help u get through this because somethings we just cant get through on our own. good luck to you my friend!!!!!!!!!!
You have to leave the past in the past i'm pretty sure the person that hurt you is not letting you come in between whats going on with them now so just leave it alone all guys are not dogs so until they give you a reason not to trust them just give them a lil trust
seek theraphy to overcome the past and gain positive lessons out of it





and try to use your mind first taking your time to get to know someone properly before opening up your heart to them, then you are less likely to get hurt
i am a man and i don't hurt people only to protect. talk to them before it happen and think before you do.
FORGET ABOUT THE PAST. Its okay. Get it over with. Be happy,positive and look on the bright side. You can do it :)
forget about guys. seek your own independence. when youve done that for a few years....come back and ask that question.
don't base future relationships or friendships on what happened before. It will only end up hurting you
Here's a hint -- STOP DATING LOSERS!
get some help to learn to deal with your pass fears.
You need to release the past fears and insecurities that stem from past relationships. Until you do, you will repeat this pattern over and over again. It basically comes down to trusting that you will be okay no matter what the men in your life do or say, trusting that you will be okay even when you are alone.





Don't expect anyone to be responsible for your happiness. Don't give that responsibility to any other person. You alone are responsible for bringing joy and happiness to yourself. When you truly understand this, you become a whole person, happy no matter what surrounds you. At this point, you will attract another happy, whole person, willing to share part or all of their life with you.





Learn to spot the game players and cut them off right away. Have a vision of the kind of man that you want and deserve, and look for that man. Ignore or politely turn down the rest.
this happens to a lot of people so don't worry because it's normal. i had the same problem my ex and i went out for a few months and he up and decided that he didn't want to be with me anymore because he found somebody else, it hurt me so bad. it's been almost four years since that happened and it took me almost three years to get over what he did to me. you just need time. but a friend told me to love like i had never been hurt, that was the best advice that i had ever gotten. i' found someone new and we've been together for 2 years now, he helped me get through my past and now its just a memory. i know that it's hard to open your heart to another person but if you don't take a chance then you'll never be able to get over it. you don't have to completely let this new guy in just have fun. try not to think of all of the little things. and if you really like this guy and you have fun together then your relationship is worth exploring. everything will be ok.





good luck. and remember to have fun =]
While it is nice to have a man friend, don't make them your whole world.





Make sure you have other activities that you do regularly - perhaps working out at the gym, swimming, volunteering for a local organization, gardening, reading, join a Church, taking a night class - there are so many things you can be doing so that you are not focusing on a man calling you back.





Having a man whom you love and who loves you, helps to make your life happy, but you need to be happy anyway, with or without a man.





Find joy in your life, develop a wide circle of friends - male and female.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment