Tuesday, November 22, 2011

28 year old woman needs advice from men in early 30's?

About a year ago I was in Vegas and met a guy. Turns out he lives only 3 hours away from my home town. We had a great night together and exchanged phone numbers.





I went to visit him about 3 months after that and had a decent weekend together. It was a little awkward for me, being out of ';fantasy land'; and into the real world. But he was a great guy and treated me like a lady.





After our weekend, we stayed in touch via phone calls, and text messages, and they all ranged from casual to naughty. In January I moved back to my home town and saw him a week later. We had what I would consider a fabulous weekend. I felt much more comfortable with him, and once again he was a gentlemen. He paid for everything, and he had insisted on paying for dinner. We even hooked up with my friend and her husband for a drink, and yet again, he paid..FOR ALL OF US! What a really nice guy. Right?





Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not about the money. It was about me feeling like he wanted to take care of me. Opening doors, holding me close as we walked the streets...etc, etc.





Then Valentines Day was approaching, I really wanted to see if he wanted to get together, but I chickend out. (mostly because it was ';that time of the month'; for me and didn't want that to ruin a romantic weekend.) My friends insisted I at least send him a card, but yet again, I chickend out. I sent him a text message simply saying Happy Valentines Day, and he ended up calling. He asked if I had any plans for the night and I told him I didn't, and when I asked him if he did, he said no. Which made me feel really bummed out.





We still have stayed in touch and are in the works for getting together again next month. I really like this guy, so how do I try to bring it to next level? From what I gather, he's into me to or else he wouldn't stay in touch and treat me like such a lady. But at the same time, we don't talk as much as I would like, which makes me think maybe he doesn't want to bring it to that level.





Ugh...boys...help me out...what do you think?





Additional Details


ps...I really don't think I am the woman on the side. Both times I visited him, I stayed at his apartment and there was not one shred of evidence that there was another girl around, let alone him being married...haha28 year old woman needs advice from men in early 30's?
I can't see any issues but then all the question comments are from your view. He's trying but you seem to be careful, which is ok. The interest needs to be mutual and if there is any hesitation it has to be the excuses or reasons to hold that up. Talking is better under a place where it's quiet and you can feel free to flow into conversation. I gather you know that and not everyone is a phone person. They do better in a face to face sit down and have to explain, discuss, or just talk about different topics with a good listener. Of course he sounds polite and would allow you to talk freely too. Level you insist upon might be in that turn but held up from comments mentioned above. So do what you think you want to do and let it flow into what ever you want from your perspective. Give him a loose rein on moving to that level. Everything that flows naturally and with ease will seem less stilted and forcing people to pull back moving into other directions. Then you can see what really gives here and the truth will pop out to some clearer resolution. Not cloudy as you portrayed it, but sunny and bright.......28 year old woman needs advice from men in early 30's?
Tell him how you feel, that you love his company and would like more of it, and not just the romance in the bedroom kind. How can we take this to the next level ?





You will soon have your answer. If he bails or offers excuses, then you know you deserve better and it is time to move on. He has been paying and you have been offering.
Beware of this situation. As a woman you may be mistaking sex for love. What does he do all those weeks and months you're not around. If you think he is living the life of a monk you better get counseling. I am still surprised when I hear from a woman who thinks they actually can take it to the next level. You can't change a man, you have to wait him out to see if he is ready for the next level. If you trap a man he will eventually break free.
I'm a little older than 30's but I've got a clue. He's simply a bachelor. Sounds like he's content staying that way. A lady friend here and there and he's a happy man. It doesn't mean he's using you at all. He means he most likely doesn't want to take it to the next level. You could bring it up though. Lots of bachelors have changed when the right girl comes along. My 30 year old son was confirmed until his now live in girlfriend came along.
Well I'm 33 so I guess I'm qualified to answer this one! First, us men know all about your little time of the month and you gals should never be embarrassed by it. Thats a terrible reason to not go on the trip. I would have rather seen you than not, even if downstairs stuff wasn't going to be an option. There is no way I could tell you what this guy is thinking or wanting from this relationship. Guys are just as different from one to another as girls are. If you like this guy, chickening out certainly won't help you land him. For me, hard to get is a turn off. I simply lose interest and move on. If all you did for Vday was send him a text, he probably is assuming you're not very interested and may act accordingly. Thats what I would do anyway. Its not a lack of confidence. Once you're in your thirties, you've pretty much figured out where you stand with the opposite sex. And you've realized sometimes ugly girls don't like ya, and sometimes hot girls love ya. Just don't assume if this does really like you that he will necessarily make all the moves. You gotta meet him half way. Don't end up later on regretting you weren't more forward with him. good luck.
i just think you guys are dating. you live far from each other. you act like 3 hours isn't a big deal. i think that you should just see where it goes. either you guys will click or you wont. or you can grow some balls and tell him you like him and want to know what he's looking for cause you're looking for a relationship and if he's not, move on.





personally, i would just play it by ear and keep dating other people. dont come off desperate cause i'm sure you're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment