Tuesday, November 22, 2011

28 year old girl needs advice from men in early 30's?

About a year ago I was in Vegas and met a guy. Turns out he lives only 3 hours away from my home town. We had a great night together and exchanged phone numbers.





I went to visit him about 3 months after that and had a decent weekend together. It was a little awkward for me, being out of ';fantasy land'; and into the real world. But he was a great guy and treated me like a lady.





After our weekend, we stayed in touch via phone calls, and text messages, and they all ranged from casual to naughty. In January I moved back to my home town and saw him a week later. We had what I would consider a fabulous weekend. I felt much more comfortable with him, and once again he was a gentlemen. He paid for everything, and he had insisted on paying for dinner. We even hooked up with my friend and her husband for a drink, and yet again, he paid..FOR ALL OF US! What a really nice guy. Right?





Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not about the money. It was about me feeling like he wanted to take care of me. Opening doors, holding me close as we walked the streets...etc, etc.





Then Valentines Day was approaching, I really wanted to see if he wanted to get together, but I chickend out. (mostly because it was ';that time of the month'; for me and didn't want that to ruin a romantic weekend.) My friends insisted I at least send him a card, but yet again, I chickend out. I sent him a text message simply saying Happy Valentines Day, and he ended up calling. He asked if I had any plans for the night and I told him I didn't, and when I asked him if he did, he said no. Which made me feel really bummed out.





We still have stayed in touch and are in the works for getting together again next month. I really like this guy, so how do I try to bring it to next level? From what I gather, he's into me to or else he wouldn't stay in touch and treat me like such a lady. But at the same time, we don't talk as much as I would like, which makes me think maybe he doesn't want to bring it to that level.





Ugh...boys...help me out...what do you think?





Additional Details


ps...I really don't think I am the woman on the side. Both times I visited him, I stayed at his apartment and there was not one shred of evidence that there was another girl around, let alone him being married...haha


See to me, he is slightly intimedating. He is 32, really smart and successful. He is from another country and has been here for over 10 years. English being his second language. And I'm not sure how he is like in a relationship, with a different culture. He is from Albania, and I don't know much about the country.28 year old girl needs advice from men in early 30's?
I'll start by disagreeing with the first answer. Albania is a country, it isn't muslim. Islam does have a considerable history in Albania, but most people there are actually agnostic now.





As far as proceeding further with your relationship, just talk to him. Tell him you enjoy your time together and ask him what he is looking for in a relationship -- but don't corner him into making a commitment early.





Reading minds never works. You've got to talk.28 year old girl needs advice from men in early 30's?
Albania is muslim -- enough said.





However, I am assuming you're like 95% of the population, so go on.
a muslim? run like heck while you stil have your head!
F**k the one who talks about religion....


well Im albanian too and at our country we guys always pay for girls and everything and its kinda a rule well guess hes OK...... if you wanna hear the other stereothypic answers that the albanians are bad...................i can say Americans are fat.. but they are not so...
Wow! He sounds like the dream guy us women strive for. On the other hand, sometimes it can be to good to be true and we always find out in the end.





From the way you explained your situation, he is travels, wealthy and willing to make an effort. In addition, he might have family in Albania and if I am correct; their culture believes that marriage comes before sex and marry within their own culture. I do know women that found out that their lover from another country had a wife and kids. She was hurt and destroyed; the guy came over with a green card and wasn't even a citizen. He had a house, car, worked for a business oriented place and the money came from family member to family member. They do that so thier not paying taxes here in the U.S.





Guys like that are willing to have several women to please in different areas, states and countries. Especially if their parents are strong believers to say with their own, he has to keep it a secret because he could be disowned! I am not saying that he doesn't like you But, he stopped the next step that people that really liked each would actually persue the chance for that next step.





Don't always believe people, trusting them is something that comes with time! I mean a long time.





I hope i did help you.
Sorry, I know you wanted advice from men but I had to respond anyway. Are you sure he is not just looking for a booty call? It is still common for men to treat a woman well and still only be looking for sex. If you think it is more than that why don't you just be open with him and tell him that you really like him and that you hope the relationship could go further. Is he shy at all? In my experience, unless the guy is really shy they are the ones that normally make the first move of initiating more in the relationship. Good Luck1
i say do not rush things let your heart lead you you are doing great !





one thing i live by is what the heart feels


and





when in doubt through it out


best wishes





one qustion to ask your self


he gives all this to you but what do you give to him ?????

No comments:

Post a Comment